Sizing Your Stand Up Paddle
There is a lot to consider when choosing the correct paddle length. The reason we give a range of paddle lengths for each stand up activity is because of the differences in paddling postures, paddling techniques, board styles and water conditions. Use this chart as a starting point.
Race: Add 4″ – 10″ to your height
Surf: Add 4″ – 8″ to your height
Whitewater: Add 4″ – 8″ to your height
All Water: Add 6″ – 10″ to your height
Take into the consideration the following:
- The majority of paddlers will fit in the middle of the range.
- If you have broader than average shoulders or longer arms, go to the high end of the range.
- If you paddle with a more upright style of paddling, go to the high end of the range.
- If you paddle with a more bent over style of paddling, go to the low end of the range.
- If you have shoulder or elbow problems, go to the low end of the range.
- These are general guidelines so please take into account your personal preferences and proper biomechanics for paddling.